Westbury Town Council Response to COVID-19
Update Friday 29th January 2021: find out more about the Covid-19 Vaccination site in Westbury
Update Tuesday 5th January 2021:
- The town council offices are closed to the public, but we are working and receiving calls 01373 822232 and emails firstname.lastname@example.org The public can call us during office hours 9.00 to 17.00 (Mon to Thurs) and 9.00 to 16.30 (Fri).
- The town council continues to support the food operation (currently operating from Crosspoint) and the food bank. People who are not already known to us and need this help can call us on 01373 822232.
- We will be asking for volunteers to come forward to help support those who are vulnerable or shielding. The town council will continue to coordinate this service.
- We will work with our partners to provide a joined-up service. This will include (among others) Wiltshire Council, Crosspoint, White Horse Ministry.
- We are carefully sifting through the government guidance to fully understand the detail. This includes if some specific support groups who use the Laverton meet the criteria to continue. We will be notifying clients in due course.
- Our initial understanding is public toilets and play areas can continue to stay open, but the adult outdoor gym will remain closed.
- The town council will meet next Monday 14th January at 19.00. It is important to note that some of the above will be discussed and the situation may change, depending on the view of the council.
- The town council has been overwhelmed by the generosity of local business, groups and individuals who have made so many donations. The town council has and continues to redistribute food to those who need it most. Despite the difficulties we continue to face, Westbury is a fantastic community to live and work in.
Other updates from Westbury Town Council
Facilities & Assets COVID-19
On 7th July 2020, the town council took the decision to open the play areas and skate park (the adult gym is currently closed). Read the signage carefully, it is there for your safety. Have fun but please stay safe.
On 12th November 2020, the Public Toilets – Warminster Road and the High Street car park – reopened
* Before reopening both locations had a deep clean.
* Additional cleaning will be undertaken at both locations to limit any risks to users.
* Please use the hand washing facilities.
Our Website and Facebook pages are kept up to date with the latest news from the town council and our partners.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience and understanding during these difficult times.
For more information, please contact
Mrs Deborah Urch, Town Clerk at email@example.com or call 01373 480912
Mrs Julie Dyer, Team Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01373 480913
Mr Andrew Thomas, Town Caretaker at email@example.com or call 01373 480916
Mr Ryan Child, Events Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01373 480915
Mr Norman Burgess, Facilities at the Laverton at email@example.com or call 01373 480919
On our website you will find the councillors contact details
Thank you from Westbury Town Council – 26.03.2020
Thank you from Westbury Town Council – 24.04.2020
Westbury Town Council uses Office365 Teams, live events, to hold remote meetings. This is secure, allows the council to invite guests and up to 20,000 members of the public could watch and hear the meeting live. It also has the ability to record meetings, share information (agendas, minutes and reports), chat and the public can choose to turn on captions.
You can use Teams on the following mobile platforms:
- Android phones and tablets
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch