Council Offices & The Laverton
The Laverton is an imposing (Grade II listed) Victorian building built by Abraham Laverton in 1873, it is now owned by the Laverton Institute charitable trust. Since 2003 Westbury Town Council has been the sole trustee of the Trust when the building was taken over from the West Wiltshire District Council. Westbury Town Council offices are housed within the building.
Work was started to modify the building for 21st Century use, making the Laverton building more accessible for community uses. Two main heritage elements are presented throughout and within the building, namely the history of Westbury and also the Laverton Story.
For more information visit the The Laverton website and contact the team.
Warm spaces this winter at The Laverton
The Laverton thelaverton.co.uk is located on Bratton Road, Westbury, just a short walk from the town centre.
For further information call 01373 822126 / 822232
Wiltshire Council have created an online community directory to help people find warm spaces and community food providers: www.wiltshire.gov.uk/article/6801/Interactive-Community-Directory