The Laverton is an imposing (Grade II listed) Victorian building built by Abraham Laverton in 1873, it is now owned by the Laverton Institute charitable trust. Since 2003 Westbury Town Council has been the sole trustee of the Trust when the building was taken over from the West Wiltshire District Council. Westbury Town Council offices are housed within the building.
Work was started to modify the building for 21st Century use, making the Laverton building more accessible for community uses. Two main heritage elements are presented throughout and within the building, namely the history of Westbury and also the Laverton Story.
For more information visit the website The Laverton
Watch our video and contact the team for more information.