Project Description

News, Local Information & What’s On?


Westbury Town Council does not have any direct responsibility for the police although local officers usually bring a report to town council meetings and answer questions raised.


Local Community Policing Team – drop-in clinics

People in the Westbury area are being invited to drop in and speak to their local community policing team.
A series of sessions will allow the community to share their views on any issues concerning them and talk about what is important to them.
This can include getting feedback on local policing and what they would like to see prioritised.

The monthly sessions are taking place at the Town Council offices, The Laverton, in the Reading Room and anyone is welcome to come along.

Future dates are to be confirmed.

Police Notices

Posted 13.05.2021
Wiltshire Police recorded the fewest crimes nationally in 2020 – Police Notice

Posted 04.05.2021
Scam Phone Calls and Courier Fraud – Police Notice


You can see a local crime map here:

Sign up for free messages from your local Community Policing Team about policing and crime matters in your area:

If you wish to contact the police online, please use this link:

Neighbourhood Watch, sign up to the newsletter here:

Emergency calls

In an emergency please telephone 999.

If you are deaf, deafened, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment, a text phone is available on 18000.

You should use these numbers if:

  • A crime is happening right now.
  • Someone is in immediate danger, or there is a risk of serious damage to property.
  • A suspect for a serious crime is nearby.
  • There is a traffic collision involving injury or danger to other road users.

112 is the common European emergency telephone number that can be dialled free of charge from most mobile telephones and, in some countries, fixed telephones in order to reach emergency services.

Non-emergency calls

For all other calls to the police in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland please telephone 101.

Calls cost 15p from mobiles and landlines, regardless of duration. They are free of charge from payphones.

If you are deaf, deafened, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment, a text phone is available on 18001 101.

You should use these non-emergency numbers to:

  • Report a crime not currently in progress – for example a stolen car, burglary, or damaged property.
  • Give information to the police about crime in your area.
  • Speak to the police about a general enquiry.
  • Contact a specific police officer or member of staff.
  • See table below for complete list of forces and telephone numbers.

If you need to contact the police from elsewhere please check the website of the force you wish to contact. Please see the complete list of force websites for links. Please note that some forces may not advertise local numbers that can be called from abroad and that where such numbers are made available, they may not be staffed 24/7.

Other Information

Stop Loan Sharks – a free service, which includes a team who raise awareness and a team who prosecute loan sharks which is all government funded. (April 2021)